Saturday, December 30, 2006

12/29/06 Show - The Songs I Missed This Year

Yes, I've been doing Post-Punk For Post-Punks for post-punks and anyone else who will listen for a little over a year now. And in that last year, I've made a lot of mistakes. This show was about atoning for some of those mistakes. The ones, at least, I made on the radio. Of course, by trying to atone for those mistakes I made on my radio show via another radio show means that I will probably make more mistakes, necessitating yet another show to atone of that show's mistakes, thus insuring that I will never be able to effectively cleanse my soul, the world, etc. of all of my errors. I think this is what's known as a paradox. Until the explosion. Then it becomes something else entirely. Although not a paradigm. That's just something stupid people say to sound intelligent. And by calling something out as being something that stupid people say to sound intelligent, I'm also now doing something that stupid people say to sound intelligent. Unless of course that I call out that I've called it out. But then I just have to do it again. This may be another paradox. Or a cry for help.

To escape the chattering skeleton man that is my mind and the swirling wisdom of the streets, I suggest you turn to the soothing sounds that was the mp3 my show last night. Its delights are only a download away:

Missed Songs Show - Happy New Year, Planet Earth

And the playlist is only a downlook away:

Two Swords - English Beat - 1980 Show
Heaven Up Here - Echo and the Bunnymen - 1981 Show
It's A Mug's Game - Soft Cell - 1982 Show
Push - The Cure - 1985 Show
Getting Nowhere Fast - Wedding Pesent - 1987 Show
Public Image - Public Image - 1978 Show
Wasteland - Simple Minds - 1979 Show
Fingers in the Factories - Editors - New Songs That Sound Old Show
Moving In Stereo - The Cars - Movie Songs Show
Mental Hopscotch - Missing Persons - LA Show
Raised Eyebrows - The Feelies - NY Show
Cranked Up Really High - Slaughter and the Dogs - Manchester Show
Tar - Visage - Drugs Show
Peaches - The Stranglers - Summer Show
Let's Get Married - Celibate Rifles - Australia/New Zealand Show
So Young But So Cold - KAS Product - Continental Europe Show
Swing the Heartache - Bauhaus - Love Part 1: The Bitter Show
I Melt With You - Modern English - Love Part 2: The Sweet Show
Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above - Cansei de ser Sexy - Love Part 3: The Sex Show
Tag Fur Tag - Xmal Deutschland - Goth Show (for YOU, Davey)
Everything We Know - Kim Wilde - Reggae vs. Post-Punk Show
We're So Cool - The Au Pairs - Disco vs. Post-Punk Show
Jukebox - The Payola$ - IRS Records Show
Jewel - T-Rex - Post-Punk vs. The Old West Show
Uncontrollable Urge - Devo - Great Albums Show

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home