Saturday, November 11, 2006

11/10/06 Show - Disco vs. Post-Punk

This show was like a movie with one of those twist endings. It was all disco music but it didn't come from disco bands but I was dead the whole time. You weren't really listening to me on the radio. You were talking to yourself. I was also really a woman. And it was a dream. Oh, and that statue of liberty at the very end? Yep, Earth all along.

But like any great twist ending, it's always fun to watch, or in this case, listen to the show again to see if you can spot all of the twist hints. For instance, notice how no one reacts to me or answers any of my questions. It's because I'm not really there! Anyway, download this mp3 to hear it again. Oh shit, I just realized that you might not have heard it the first time and I gave away all of the twists! So sorry. But at least this show does also contain some very good songs for ass-shaking.

Disco vs. Post-Punk - Shake Vigorously

Playlistplay:

My Weapon - XTC
Death Disco - Public Image Ltd.
To Hell With Poverty - Gang of Four
As Far As the Eye Can See - Radio 4
Night on Fire - VHS or Beta
God's Zoo - Death Cult
The Magnificent Seven - The Clash
1984 - David Bowie
The Garden - Magazine
Hungry So Angry - Medium Medium
Contort Yourself - James White and the Blacks
Cavern - Liquid Liquid
Do the Du - A Certain Ratio
Sad Sad City - Ghostland Observatory
Melodrama - Moving Units
Echoes - The Rapture
Rip It Up - Orange Juice
Precious - The Jam
***Guilty Pleasure*** Da' Ya' Think I'm Sexy? - Rod Stewart
Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Live It Up (Disco Version) - Blondie
I Turn My Camera On - Spoon
Emotional Rescue - Rolling Stones
Fa Fa Fa - Datarock
Kick in the Eye - Bauhaus
Adolescent Sex - Japan
Love is the Drug - Roxy Music
Tryouts for the Human Race - Sparks

3 Comments:

Blogger confus-a-nation said...

downloading now. Great tracks. looking forward to feeding my ears. Thanks, keep up the good work

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous stuff! And thanks for including "Hungry, So Angry."

www.myspace.com/mediummedium

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home