Saturday, October 14, 2006

10/13/06 Show - Death + I'm Back = Fun

On a Friday the 13th in October, I played all songs about death as a friendly reminder that we will all, one day, be dead. Sure, most people don't want to die and it certainly brings me down to think that sooner or later, it will happen to me too but then I just try to think of all the other people that are also going to die. Then I'm happy again. Teach them to drive too slow in the fast lane.

I also urged listeners to vote No on Proposition 86. Cigarettes are already too damn expensive and it's not like only billionaire fatcats smoke them. You want to tax something more, tax golf. Tax guys who wear polo shirts and tuck them into their Dockers. Tax the latest Sting CD. Just lay off the smokers and tobacco industry for 5 seconds.

And here's an mp3 of the show for your troubles:

Death Show - Post-Punk For Post-Punks

And a playlist too:

Booji Boy's Funeral - Devo
Die, Die My Darling - The Misfits
Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
Someone Got Murdered - The Clash
There is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
Sometimes, I Wish I Were Dead - Depeche Mode
1963 - New Order
Suicide's An Alternative - Suicidal Tendancies
Birth, School, Work, Death - The Godfathers
The Funeral Party - The Cure
Deathwish - Christian Death
Kill the Poor - Dead Kennedys
We Are the Dead - David Bowie
Last Rockers - Vice Squad
The Kill - Joy Division
Richard Hung Himself - D.I.
Better Off Dead - Death From Above 1979
Lots Of People Who Died, Died - The Jim Carroll Band
Dead - The Pixies
***Guilty Pleasure*** Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Born To Kill - The Damned
I Die, You Die - Gary Numan
Suesfine - My Bloody Valentine
Seconds - Human League
Bela Lugosi Is Dead ("Live") - Bauhaus
Last Caress - The Misfits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home