Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Political Songs Show on Election Eve - 11/3/08

'Twas the night before election and what better way to celebrate than to play politcally-themed songs of the post-punk, punk, and alternative genres? What? I'm seriously asking you. Because I couldn't think of anything better so that is exactly what I did.

Sadly, there was a point in the show where the broadcast abruptly stopped but like any good American, I rolled up my sleeves, opened up a sound editing program, and pasted the rest of the songs left on my playlist to the end of the recording posted on my blog. You can download that recording by following the link below:

Political Song Show


Playlist:

Freedom of Choice - Devo
Government Flu - Dead Kennedys
Capitalism - Oingo Boingo
Armagh - Au Pairs
Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers
I Got A Right (live) - Adolescents
Butyric Acid - Consolidated
Out On Your Own - Easterhouse
Democracy? - The Damned
Natural's Not In - Gang of 4
Whine & Grine/Stand Down Margaret - The English Beat
Which Side Are You On? - Billy Bragg
Two Million Voices - Angelic Upstarts
Fuck the Tories - Riot Squad
Fuck tha Police - N.W.A.
Summer of '81 - The Vibrators
Living With Unemployment - The Newtown Neurotics
Career Opportunities - The Clash
Reaganomics - D.R.I.
My Country - New Model Army
Alienation - Poison Girls
Burdon of Shame - UB40
Driven To Tears (live) - The Police
I'm A Conservative - Iggy Pop
The Politics of Dancing - Re-Flex
We Don't Need That Fascist Groove Thang - Heaven 17
Election Day - Arcadia

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That show was great. The songs in the second half of the show really had there own flow, great development.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home