Sunday, July 08, 2007

Well...shit

I guess the new time slot change didn't fix everything. I had hoped it would give me more time to do a show but in fact, all it did was make my show during a different time. And time is something I am kind of low on at the minute so I'm afraid Post-Post For Post-Punks will have to go on hiatus for forever or possibly even longer than that. My hope is that some day, some how, I will be able to eventually get back on the radio in some capacity. My Super Hope is that the capacity I will be able to get back on involves me sitting by a waterfall drinking a glass of scotch.

But until then, this is goodbye. I have no idea how many people listened but I can't tell you all how much I appreciated the fact that that each and every one of you did listen. If you ever want me to listen to you some day, I'd be glad to return the favor. And if you ever want to hear music not unlike the music I played, I would recommend checking out some of the other shows on Pirate Cat Radio, specifically Menacing Intentions, on Tuesdays from 10-Midnight. You can also listen to it non-live via podcast by going to the piratecatradio.com website. That show is the most like mine so it is, hence, the best.

Good night and thank you.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...shit. If the gig is up, i have a confession. This show was for Post-Punks and guess what, I listened to every show and I'm not a Post-Punk! HA! The first album I remember buying was 2 LIve Crew - As Nasty as they Want to Be, and mostly because they showed me what a thong was. Looks like the last laugh is mine! So enjoy your scotch and your waterfall, and though my iPod may be full of Depeches and Cocteaus, you know most played is still Timberlake. So goodbye Post-punk and I'll secretly be waiting for this Post Post-Punk for Post-Punk-Posers to come to an end.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened for a while, it was pretty awesome.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thank you very much, both anonymouses. So glad my show was able to reach into the Timberlake fan base. A lot of people out there aren't cool enough to give such varied and often diametrically-opposed music genres a fair chance so you, my friend, are truly a diamond in the rough.

1:01 PM  
Blogger bbbbb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WTF!?! What about breaking Mandroid Alex out of his crate and letting him/it do the show? And he can be your roommate for some laugh-track button mashing hijinks. Post-Punk for Post-Punks becomes incredibly popular, he brings home hundreds of girls, while you can't get laid, making you so depressed that you can only shuffle around your apartment in a bathrobe and slippers. Then he starts playing music on the show that you don't like, and your thoughts turn to -

-murder.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...shit, your show was classic. I liked what you had to say about the music. Sorry to see you go.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn shame, Alex. I loved your show. I hope that sometime, you manage to make it back "on the air".

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alex, I still love listening to your archived shows. Is there anyway to keep the links active or if you have them saved could I just get a copy of them. E-mail me at saxonking at yahoo dot com

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you delete a blog post? I thought you were making a comeback???!!?!?!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alex -
I agree... we'd love to see you come back again. You had the best show - unfortunately the links are now dead - it's too bad 'cause I'd love to hear the old shows.
Doc

7:06 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

The come back never came back, I'm afraid. Pirate Cat Radio pulled another Pirate Cat Radio on me. But if anybody wants a copy of old shows, I would be happy to burn you a DVD of them or post them to your own online real estate. Just send me your email address and I'll get in touch with you fairly soon.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate access to the old shows, now that they're gone.

adoctors at yahoo dot com

Thanks!
Doc

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should check out a band just heard on a radio show in Seattle. They are called Factory Floor - myspace/factoryfloor

I really enjoyed the show and would be good to hear them on there.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home